This class covers:
- the physiology of birth
- stages of labor and what to expect during each
- developing a healthy mindset about “pain”
- comfort measures for labor
- positions for labor and pushing
- the importance of movement
- massage and relaxation techniques
- The cost of this class is $100. If you are a Babymoon Inn client who is unable to take the full 5-week Lamaze series, you may take this class at no additional charge.
Should I take Blitz or the Lamaze series?
If you and/or your partner are a first-time parent, we strongly recommend taking the full 5-week Lamaze series. If you have previously had children and are able to take the Lamaze series, we still encourage the Lamaze series – you’ll probably still pick up some new information, and as instructors we appreciate your insight and experience.
If you feel confident about labor and birth but would like a refresher course on stages of labor and comfort measures, Blitz is the perfect class for you. While we recommend independent childbirth classes over hospital classes, Blitz would be an excellent supplement to your hospital classes if you are seeking an unmedicated birth.
How much does this class cost?
The cost of this class is $100. If you are a Babymoon Inn client who is unable to take the full 5-week Lamaze series, you may take this class at no additional charge.
Can my partner come with me to class?
Absolutely. Your enrollment fee includes the pregnant person and a birth partner. If another member of your birth team would like to attend as well, we are happy to accommodate this when space permits.
How do I sign up?
Find “Blitz” on the menu below and click “See when Blitz is offered.” Follow the link to find an upcoming class. Note that the link will only show classes in the next month. You can also call 602-314-7755 to schedule and we are happy to help you. Please be sure you are scheduling at the correct location.